Partner & Co-Founder
T +44 (0)20 7464 8820
Andrew has over 30 years’ corporate finance experience, ranging from mergers and acquisitions advice to equity and debt financing across a number of jurisdictions. Prior to 2002, he built and led HSBC’s Financial Institutions team. He co-founded West Hill in 2003.
His landmark deals include:
• Led team on c$1.6bn EV offer by Achilles for Brit Insurance NV
• A number of Lloyd’s related transactions, including the £164m acquisition by Canopius of Omega, the £113m private equity backed MBO of Cathedral Capital, the £350 million sale of Limit to QBE amongst a number of others;
• Advice to Metro Bank (the UK’s first high street Bank in over 100 years) on its launch capital raising;
• KKR’s $1.7bn take private of Willis;
• Mutualisation of shareholder estates through sale transactions at Irish Life & Permanent and Axa’s Irish life business
Andrew is a graduate of Oxford University where he read Classics.
Partner & Co-Founder
T +44 (0)20 7464 8821
Alan has over 25 years’ capital markets and corporate finance experience. Prior to co-founding West Hill in 2003, he was a highly rated life insurance sector analyst at BZW and HSBC James Capel, where he was well-known for his work on orphan assets. He also managed long-short insurance equity and traded endowment portfolios with Canadian broker-dealer Maple Financial Group. Alan is an Associate of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
His experience at West Hill includes:
• Originated and led IPOs of investment funds Macau Property Opportunities Fund (£105m), Japan Leisure Hotels (£22m) and Crystal Amber Fund (£60m)
• Delisting of shares on Nasdaq and re-admission onto AIM for Danish wind energy and property company EuroTrust (€450m)
• Private capital raisings for Macau Sniper Fund, Brighton Institute of Modern Music, Manic Monkey, Synergy Insurance, Nordic Leisure and UniBio
T +44 (0)20 7464 8823
Edward has over 20 years’ corporate finance experience, including advice on merger and acquisitions, capital raisings and restructurings in a number of jurisdictions. Previously he was a Managing Director in HSBC’s Financial Institutions team, having originally joined Samuel Montagu after qualifying as a chartered accountant. Edward has widely drawn experience in insurance, banking and other financials sectors.
Transactions on which he has advised include:
• A number of Lloyd’s transactions including the sale of Limit to QBE, the restructuring of Cox’s operations & equity raising, the £113m take private of Cathedral Capital and the acquisition of Brit Insurance by Achilles
• In insurance intermediation, raising capital for Verex, an innovative motor insurance MGA and service company; and advising investors on the subscription of new capital in THB, the London Market broker, and subsequent sale to AmWins
• Advice on capital raising for Metro Bank, the UK’s first high street bank in more than 100 years, and extensive M&A banking experience including the sale of a number of banks internationally
T +44 (0)20 7464 8822
Monika joined West Hill in 2005 in a joint role as a corporate finance executive and office manager. She was promoted to Associate in 2007 and has assisted with a number of transaction types across many sectors in different capacities.
Her core competencies include:
• Industry analysis
• Presentation materials
• Financial modelling
• Due diligence document verification
Monika graduated from Krakow University of Economics with a Masters in Finance and gained her Corporate Finance Qualification from Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
T +44 (0)020 7464 8826
Christopher joined West Hill in 2015 and has played a key role in appraising and transacting deals on companies based around the world and in a range of sectors.
During his career Christopher has had a broad experience across corporate finance working on projects spanning M&A, private equity, corporate development and infrastructure.
Christopher graduated from The University of Warwick with a BSc in Economics and London Business School with an MSc in Management. Christopher earned the CFA designation in 2015.